Online Exhibition via Catalogue
Friday 7th August – Sunday 6th September 2020
- Only artists who receive a personal invitation from the Fine Art@Hale Committee may enter works into the Fine Art@Hale Exhibition. Application forms to selected artists will be sent via a secure link for online completion.
- To be eligible for invitation, all entrants must be 18 years of age or over as of 30th June of the exhibition year.
- Artists who would like to be considered for inclusion in future Fine Art@Hale exhibitions are encouraged to provide information about their work to the Fine Art@Hale Committee (hereafter termed the Committee) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Expression of Interest to exhibit on this website before 30th November of the preceding year.
- All work must have been produced within the last two (2) years, and not previously publicly exhibited. The Committee reserves the right to make discretionary exclusions to this condition.
- All works must be the original work of the artist.Works must be finished and ready to display. 2D works are to be dry, ready for hanging by either D rings or wire.
- The Committee reserves the right to not display work which fails to meet a satisfactory standard of presentation or any works deemed to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate in a school environment. The committee will make these decisions at its absolute discretion.
- The total number of entries permitted per artist is:
- Paintings or 2D artwork – three (3) works
- Prints – three (3) editions with a maximum of three (3) prints from each edition, to a maximum of nine (9) total works
- Ceramic, Glass, Sculpture – six (6) works
- Jewellery – up to ten (10) items in total
- The online artist entry form is password protected (sent via email to invited artists) and will be LIVE on Friday 19th June, and CLOSING on Friday 17th July. The form must be completed online and in full, together with images of ALL work being submitted for consideration.
- Quality images of artwork are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist and must abide by the following guidelines:
- Jpeg format
- File size <2MB
- Image files to be saved as the artwork title (as a minimum) and name of image credit (if not artist)
- Framed artwork must include the frame in the image
- Artists exhibiting at the Fine Art@Hale exhibition consent to whole or cropped images of their artwork being used for promotional purposes for Fine Art@Hale in print and online. These images may be used by Fine Art@Hale for current and future marketing, promotion and/or educational purposes at no cost to the organisers. Image credits will consist of: Artist name; title of work; year of production; photo credit; courtesy and copyright of the artist. While the Committee accepts all artwork images, there is no guarantee that an artist’s work will be used in the marketing and promotion of Fine Art@Hale.Artists exhibiting prints are required to detail each available work within an edition in a separate line of the artist application form, noting the edition number and whether framed or unframed.
- Due to the online nature of the exhibition, ALL artists, including 3D and jewellery, are required to detail the dimensions of their works in the online application form.
- The Committee must approve any substitution or withdrawal of artworks nominated on the entry form no later than 24th July 2020, and any approval to substitute works will be at the Committee’s absolute discretion. Please notify the Committee via email: email@example.com. All artworks accepted at this date will be included in the catalogue and must be available for exhibition as required by the Committee.
ABN or Statement by a Supplier
- All artists are required to supply the Fine Art@Hale Committee with either:
- an ABN (Australian Business Number), OR
- a Statement by a Supplier stating that you are not required to quote an ABN
- The Statement by a Supplier provides a declaration that an artist does not have to quote an ABN because the activity is a private recreational pursuit or hobby. To access a copy of this form, please click HERE. If a returning artist has already provided this they are only required to provide it again if any details have changed.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED ONLINE ENTRY FORMS IS FRIDAY 17thJULY 2020
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- As an online exhibition and catalogue, Fine Art@Hale are unable to offer the Best Artwork Award and Best Emerging Artist Award for 2020.
- The People’s Choice Award will be operated as an online option via the Fine Art@Hale website with a $500 prize for the artist of the successfully voted piece.
Sale Of Artwork
- All artists exhibiting at the Fine Art@Hale exhibition consent to the online sale of the exhibited works by the Committee for the price nominated on the entry form. The artist warrants that they retain title of the work and indemnifies Hale School and the Committee in full for any costs and/or expenses incurred as a result of any claims regarding title in the works.All artworks exhibited will be offered for sale online at the price nominated by the artist in the entry form. Payments for artwork sales will be made available on the Fine Art@Hale website via SecurePay payment gateway which will accept all major credit cards.
- At the point of purchase, purchasers will be required to consent that there are no refunds or returns for change of mind.
- Any change to the sale price or the terms of sale shall be advised to the artist at least 24 hours prior to the exhibition, and the artist may accept, refuse or vary those terms.For 2020, the Committee will retain a commission of 15% (fifteen per cent) on all artwork that is sold. The commission retained is inclusive of GST. Payment of the balance of the sale price less the commission for sold works will be made to the bank account nominated by the artist on the entry form on or before 30 days after the close of the exhibition (6th September 2020).
- Artwork must be made available for sale exclusively by Fine Art@Hale for the FULL time frame of the online exhibition – from 7th August to 6th September 2020.
Delivery of Artworks
- As an exceptional year, full responsibility for the payment, logistics, insurance and timely delivery of purchased artwork at the 2020 Fine Art@Hale Online Exhibition and Catalogue, is the responsibility of the artist.
- At the point of purchase, art purchasers will be required to provide their contact details and address for artwork delivery, together with consent for the artist to make contact to arrange delivery.
- Artists will be notified of successful sales and purchaser details no more than 48 hours after the sale, following which the artist is requested to make contact with the purchaser to arrange delivery in a timely manner.
- All freight and insurance costs for the delivery of artwork are at the discretion and responsibility of the artist.
- Artworks must be delivered to the purchaser within 2 weeks of purchase or by the closing date of online sales (6th September).
- Fine Art@Hale provides no insurance for artworks at any point in the time of the online exhibition and catalogue, or for the successful delivery of artwork purchases.