Friday 22 July to Sunday 24 July 2022
Purchase via Online Catalogue available from
Saturday 23 July – Sunday 31 July 2022
- Only artists who receive a personal invitation from the Fine Art@Hale Committee may enter works into the Fine Art@Hale Exhibition. Application forms to selected artists will be sent via a secure link for online completion.
- To be eligible for invitation, all entrants must be 18 years of age or over as of 30 June of the exhibition year.
- Artists who would like to be considered for inclusion in future Fine Art@Hale exhibitions are encouraged to provide information about their work to the Fine Art@Hale Committee (hereafter termed the Committee) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Expression of Interest to exhibit on this website before 30 November of the preceding year (now closed for 2022 exhibition).
- All work must have been produced within the last two (2) years, and not previously publicly exhibited. The Committee reserves the right to make discretionary exclusions to this condition.
- All works must be the original work of the artist. Works must be finished and ready to display. 2D works are to be dry and ready for hanging by either D rings or wire.
- The Committee reserves the right to not display work which fails to meet a satisfactory standard of presentation or any works deemed to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate in a school environment. The committee will make these decisions at its absolute discretion.
- The total number of entries permitted per artist is:
- Paintings or 2D artwork – three (3) works
- Prints – three (3) editions with a maximum of three (3) prints from each edition, to a maximum of nine (9) total works
- Ceramic, Glass, Sculpture – six (6) works
- Jewellery – up to ten (10) items in total
- 2D artists may PHYSICALLY exhibit TWO pieces – however all submitted works will be exhibited ONLINE. When registering online, 2D Artists must enter the two works they will physically exhibit FIRST in the form. All works submitted for physical exhibition will be displayed at the discretion of the Committee.
- Paintings and prints presented should be no larger than 1 metre high x 1.2 metres wide (including frame). Larger pieces may be presented to the committee for consideration; however, due to restrictions in hanging space, the submission of larger pieces may impact the total number of pieces accepted for the exhibition. Images of any oversize work must be sent to email@example.com for consideration.
- The online artist entry form is password protected (sent via email to invited artists). It will be LIVE on Friday 10 June 2022 and CLOSE on Friday 1 July. The form must be completed online and in full, together with images of ALL work being submitted for consideration.
- Quality images of artwork are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist and must abide by the following guidelines:
- Jpeg format
- File size <2MB
- Image files to be saved as the artwork title (as a minimum) and name of image credit (if not artist)
- Framed artwork must include the frame in the image (or a second image provided via email with the frame insitu)
- Artists exhibiting at the Fine Art@Hale exhibition consent to whole or cropped images of their artwork being used for promotional purposes for Fine Art@Hale in print and online. These images may be used by Fine Art@Hale for current and future marketing, promotion and/or educational purposes at no cost to the organisers. Image credits will consist of: artist name; title of work; year of production; photo credit; courtesy and copyright of the artist. While the Committee accepts all artwork images, there is no guarantee that an artist’s work will be used in the marketing and promotion of Fine Art@Hale.
- ALL artists, including 3D and jewellery, are required to detail the dimensions of their works in the online application form.
- Artists exhibiting prints are required to detail each available work within an edition in a separate line of the artist application form, noting the edition number and whether framed or unframed. Framed prints intended for display should be delivered to the exhibition on Saturday 16 July 2022 between 8.30am and 1.00pm – see DELIVERY OF ARTWORK section below. Unframed prints available for sale are to be retained by the artist and delivered to the purchaser according to the delivery of ONLINE purchases outlined below.
- The Committee must approve any substitution or withdrawal of artworks nominated on the entry form no later than 8 July 2022, and any approval to substitute works will be at the Committee’s absolute discretion. Please notify the Committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All artworks accepted as of this date will be included in the catalogue and must be available for exhibition as required by the Committee.
ABN or Statement by a Supplier
- All artists are required to supply the Fine Art@Hale Committee with either:
- an ABN (Australian Business Number), OR
- a Statement by a Supplier stating that you are not required to quote an ABN
- The Statement by a Supplier provides a declaration that an artist does not have to quote an ABN because the activity is a private recreational pursuit or hobby. To access a copy of this form, please click HERE. If a returning artist has already provided this they are only required to provide it again if any details have changed.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED ONLINE ENTRY FORMS IS
FRIDAY 1 JULY 2022
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Please refer to the website for Artist Awards being offered at the Fine Art@Hale 2022 Exhibition. Please note that in the unlikely event that the exhibition reverts to an ONLINE format ONLY, no artist awards will be conferred.
SALE OF ARTWORK
- All artists exhibiting at the Fine Art@Hale exhibition consent to the physical exhibition and sale of their work (22 to 24 July 2022) and online sale of the exhibited works (23 July to 31 July 2022) by the Committee for the price nominated on the entry form. The artist warrants that they retain title of the work and indemnifies Hale School and the Committee in full for any costs and/or expenses incurred as a result of any claims regarding title in the works. All artworks exhibited will be offered for sale online at the price nominated by the artist in the entry form. Payments for artwork sales will be made available on the Fine Art@Hale website via SecurePay payment gateway which will accept all major credit cards.
- At the point of purchase, purchasers will be required to consent that there are no refunds or returns for change of mind.
- Any change to the sale price or the terms of sale shall be advised to the artist at least 24 hours prior to the exhibition, and the artist may accept, refuse or vary those terms. The Committee will retain a commission of 30% (thirty percent) on all artwork that is sold. The commission retained is inclusive of GST. Payment of the balance of the sale price less the commission for sold works will be made to the bank account nominated by the artist on the entry form on or before 30 days after the close of the exhibition (31 July 2022).
- Artwork must be made available for sale exclusively by Fine Art@Hale for the FULL time frame of the physical AND online exhibition – from 22 July 2022 to 31 July 2022.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORKS
Delivery of Artwork for Exhibition
The 2022 Fine Art@Hale Exhibition will take place in the Senior School Administration Building at Hale School. This building is accessed via Lawrence Elliot Drive, off Hale Road, Wembley Downs. Artwork should be delivered to the Functions Room, located upstairs in the Administration Building.
All artists are responsible for delivery and collection of their unsold artworks. Hale School and its Insurer will not accept responsibility for any damage caused by or to the artist, delivery person or artwork during transport to and from the exhibition venue and the artist hereby indemnifies Hale School and the Committee to the fullest extent possible against any claims made as a result of transport or delivery of the works.
Artwork submitted for exhibition is to be delivered to the exhibition between 8.30am and 1.00pm on the following dates:
- Saturday 16 July 2022 – Jewellery and 2D Artwork (please note the change in submission quotas for 2D artwork)
- Monday 18 July 2022 – Ceramic, Glass and Sculpture
Please contact the Committee at email@example.com for deliveries out of this time frame.
Collection of Purchases From the PHYSICAL Exhibition
Artworks purchased over the weekend exhibition of 22 to 24 July 2022 will be collected by the purchaser at the close of the physical exhibition (ie: after 4.30pm Sunday 24 July 2022).
Unsold works are to be collected by the artist on Monday 25 July from the exhibition before 11am.
Delivery of Purchases From the ONLINE Exhibition
For ONLINE sales AFTER the conclusion of the physical exhibition, full responsibility for arranging the timely delivery of purchased artwork is the responsibility of the artist. The purchaser provides consent at the point of purchase to reimburse the artist for reasonable cost. Wherever possible, artists are encouraged to arrange delivery or collection in person.
Artists will be notified of successful online sales and purchaser details no more than 48 hours after the sale, following which the artist is requested to make contact with the purchaser to arrange delivery in a timely manner.
All freight and insurance costs for the delivery of online purchases of artwork are at the discretion and responsibility of the artist.
Artworks must be delivered to the purchaser within 2 weeks of purchase or by the closing date of online sales (31 July 2022).
Fine Art@Hale provides no insurance for artworks at any point in the time of the online exhibition and catalogue, or for the successful delivery of artwork purchases.
Please be aware that COVID-safe behaviours are required at all times at Hale School venues in compliance with current WA Government instructions. These include physical distancing and the use of hand sanitisers at all school venues.
Events may be subject to further restrictions or cancellation at short notice due to WA Government advice. Guests should not attend if they are unwell or awaiting the result of a COVID test.