Fine Art @ Hale Exhibition 2020
Friday 7th August – Sunday 9th August 2020
Student Viewing: 4th August – 7th August 2020
- Only artists who receive a personal invitation from the Fine Art@ Hale Committee may enter works into the Fine Art@Hale Exhibition. Application forms to selected artists will be sent via a secure link for online completion.
- To be eligible for invitation, all entrants must be 18 years of age or over as of 30 June of the exhibition year.
- Artists who would like to be considered for inclusion in future Fine Art@Hale exhibitions are encouraged to provide information about their work to the Fine Art@Hale Committee (hereafter termed the Committee) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Expression of Interest to exhibit on this website before November 30th of the preceding year.
- The online artist entry form is password protected and provided to all invited artists by email once entries open. It must be completed online and in full, and submitted together with jpeg images (of less than 2 Mb) of all work being submitted for consideration.
- All work must have been produced within the last two (2) years, and not previously publicly exhibited. The Committee reserves the right to make discretionary exclusions to this condition.
- All works must be the original work of the artist.
- All artists are eligible for non-acquisitive awards. Acceptance of eligibility of artists for the “Emerging Artist Award” will be based on information submitted on the online entry form. Information about the awards can be found at this LINK.
- The Committee endeavours to present an exhibition at which each work is shown to its full advantage. The Committee works within the constraints of the venue, and reserves the right to make all hanging decisions at its absolute discretion.
- The Committee reserves the right not to hang, or show, any works deemed to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate in a school environment.
- Works must be finished and ready to display. 2D works are to be dry, ready for hanging by either D rings or wire (preferably nylon). The Committee reserves the right to not display work which fails to meet a satisfactory standard of presentation and will make this decision at its absolute discretion.
- Works presented should be no larger than 1 metre high x 1.2 metres wide (including frame). Larger pieces will only be accepted at the discretion of the Committee (please send images of any oversize work to email@example.com for consideration).
- The total number of entries* permitted per artist is:
-Paintings or 2D artwork – three (3) works
-Prints – maximum of three (3) prints from each edition to a maximum of nine (9) total works
-Ceramic, glass sculpture works – six (6) works
-Jewellery – up to 10 items in total (maximum of 3 versions of each edition)
*Please note a special condition for the 2020 FA@H Exhibition where artists are permitted to submit one piece ADDITIONAL to the parameters outlined above which must strictly adhere to size guidelines as follows:
-Paintings or 2D – 20cm x 20cm
-Ceramic, glass, sculpture works or other 3D forms – 20cm x 20cm x 20cm
-Jewellery – 20cm length or to fit on display 20cm x 20cm
- The Committee must approve any substitution or withdrawal of artworks nominated on the entry form no later than 10th July 2020, and any approval to substitute works will be at the Committee’s absolute discretion. Please notify the Committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All artworks accepted at this date will be included in the catalogue and must be available for exhibition as required by the Committee.
- Artists exhibiting prints are required to detail each available work within an edition in a separate line of the artist application form, noting the edition number and whether framed or unframed. All available framed prints for sale must be delivered to the exhibition on Saturday 1st August 2019 between 8.30am and 12 noon – see DELIVERY OF ARTWORK section below. Unframed prints available for sale are to be retained by the artist. In the event of a sale of an unframed print, artists are to provide the print for handover to the purchaser by 5pm on Sunday 9th August at Memorial Hall, Hale School.
- The Committee will provide insurance cover up to the value nominated by the artist for each of the accepted works from Saturday 1st August 2020 to noon Monday 10th August 2020 while they are within the exhibition venue, Memorial Hall. No insurance will be provided outside these times and the risk reverts solely to the artist. Please note, while every effort and care are used in the handling and hanging of all artworks, FA@H is operated and run by volunteers.
- Artists are to ensure that all artwork is adequately packed and labelled – consistent with the details submitted on the entry form – on delivery. Packaging will be reused at the close of the exhibition. All artists are to sign-off on correct catalogue information and condition report at delivery.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED ENTRY FORMS IS 19th JUNE 2020
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Artists exhibiting at the Fine Art@Hale exhibition consent to whole or cropped images of their art work being used for promotional purposes for Fine Art@Hale in print and online. Artists are required to provide image files of their entries (JPEG images no larger than 2MB) with their artist application form. These images may be used by Fine Art@Hale for current and future marketing, promotion and/or educational purposes at no cost to the organisers. Image credits will consist of: Artist name; title of work; year of production; photo credit; courtesy and copyright of the artist. While the Committee accepts all artwork images, there is no guarantee that an artist’s work will be used in the marketing and promotion of Fine Art@Hale.
- Exhibiting artists are able to purchase a maximum of two tickets to the Opening Night Cocktail Preview (to be held on Friday August 7th) at a discounted rate of $25 each. Discounted tickets and additional full price tickets ($50) will be available for purchase ONLINE or at the time of delivery of the works.
Delivery of Artworks
- All artists are responsible for delivery and collection of their artworks. Hale School and its Insurer will not accept responsibility for any damage caused by or to the artist, delivery person or artwork during transport to and from the exhibition venue and the artist hereby indemnifies Hale School and the Committee to the fullest extent possible against any claims made as a result of transport or delivery of the works.
- DELIVERY OF ARTWORK: Please deliver artworks to Hale School Memorial Hall (enter from Hale Road, Wembley Downs) on Saturday 1st August, between 8.30am and 12.00 noon. Click HERE for map. Late entries will not be accepted unless by prior arrangement. Receipts will be issued at time of delivery.
- COLLECTION OF UNSOLD ART: Artist who have 100 percent sales will be notified by telephone (as provided on the artist application form) on Sunday 9th August after 5pm. All other artists MUST collect unsold works on Monday 10th August 2020, between 8.30am and 11.00am. Please be aware that insurance of uncollected artwork ceases after this time.
Sale Of Work
- All artists exhibiting at the Fine Art@Hale exhibition consent to the sale of the exhibited works by the Committee for the price nominated on the entry form. The artist warrants that they retain title of the work and indemnifies Hale School and the Committee in full for any costs and/or expenses incurred as a result of any claims regarding title in the works.
- All artworks exhibited will be offered for sale at the price nominated by the artist in the entry form. Payment for artwork sales must be made by the purchaser in full at the time of the exhibition or the sale will lapse.
- Any change to the sale price or the terms of sale shall be advised to the artist at least 24 hours prior to the exhibition, and the artist may accept, refuse or vary those terms.
- The Committee retains a commission of 30% (thirty per cent) on all artwork that is sold. The commission retained is inclusive of GST. Payment of the balance of the sale price less the commission for sold works will be made to the bank account nominated by the artist on the entry form on or before 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
ABN or Statement by a Supplier
- All artists are required to supply the Fine Art@Hale Committee with either:
an ABN (Australian Business Number), OR
a Statement by a Supplier stating that you are not required to quote an ABN
- The Statement by a Supplier provides a declaration that an artist does not have to quote an ABN because the activity is a private recreational pursuit or hobby. To access a copy of this form, please click HERE. If a returning artist has already provided this they are only required to provide it again if any details have changed.